Thursday, April 1, 2010

Who Knew?

Some of the (less gross) things I have learned can happen during pregnancy:
  • Your brain turns to absolute mush. Take this conversation between me and the husband: 

Me: The only thing left to set up is...that thing that goes with the stroller...you know...and then in the car...what's it called? Husband: You mean the car seat?
Me: Yes! I knew it wasn't a car chair, but for the life of me...

  • Depth perception? Gone. Clumsiness? Off the charts. I find myself holding an object and going to put it on the table or counter, only to smash it into some other item that's already there. This happens constantly. 
  • You can be hungrier or thirstier than you ever thought possible, but your stomach can be so squashed that there is just nowhere to put it. 
  • Putting on socks and shoes becomes nearly impossible. You eventually just give up and opt for slippers.
  • Sometimes all you want to eat are chicken nuggets. Every day. For lunch. With mustard. 

There are more, but my mush brain forgot all the funny things I had planned to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment