Friday, September 10, 2010

Quick Takes

1. I think I am going bald. When everyone said, "Just wait until post-partum hair loss starts," I was thinking a few strands at a time. Not clean-the-drain-out-twice-every-time-you-shower and have-a-minor-melt-down-every-time-you-use-a-hairbrush. Thank goodness hat season is almost here (I can say that in September, living in New England).

2. Speaking of New England, isn't fall just the best? Or is it Fall? Or Autumn? Or autumn? Who cares?

3. Every time my son gives me a big, gummy grin I think of how different it will be when he has some teeth in there.

4. Is it sad that I would now list Sandra Boynton as one of my top 10 favorite authors? I mean, have you read Birthday Monsters? I laughed, I cried -- what a beautiful story arc.

5. Did you know it's Grandparents' Day on Sunday?

6. A mother’s heart is a crazy thing. Half of it wants our small children to hurry up and wean, hurry up and potty train, hurry up and gain some independence already. And yet the other half wants them to never do any of those things and to remain exactly as they are forever. When the inevitable happens and they do gain some self-sufficiency, our hearts ache just a little at what feels like the ultimate betrayal. A beautiful post here by Danielle Bean about her own Daniel.

7.
 

Check out conversiondiary.com for some more Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. RE: 4) Hellz yea! Have you discovered Philadelphia Chickens yet? It's the only children's music CD anyone's given Cadence that I haven't wanted to smash and crash after a few too many listenings. Go boynton.

    Also, Pookie.

    5.) ah crap, no, I didn't.

    6.) truth

    7) OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love it. I can totally see both of you in him, but he's certainly got his own sort of bubbly charm. What a cutie! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete